Friday, July 27, 2012

Markets around the World

As a foodie, I'm always excited to see markets in new countries. Be it a farmers market, a regular day market or even spice market. I'm intrigued by new vegetable or spices and I end up buying basket full of vegetables and fruits every time I visit these markets.
I recently got a chance to visit Mullhouse Market which is in eastern france and an hour away from Basel. In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables from Alsace region there were also Moroccon and Chinese traders. I bought the best oranges, bundles of coriander and mint leaves from a Moroccon trader and some tapioca and papaya from a Chinese trader. I invite you to take a virtual tour of the Mullhouse market.




Few months back when I was in Sri Lanka I visited a market in eastern coast. City is called Trincomalee. It was a good experience because these vegetables reminded me of my childhood in Kandy. Also as usual I wanted to cook all these authentic vegetables and recreate my mom's food.
 



Also I'm sharing photos from Dubai Souk - traditional Arab markets that sells spices, nuts and also there is a whole street for gold jewellery. There were some spices that were new to me. One of it is dried lime which is black and is added in soups to flavor them.


Finally its the market in Basel. Its in the city center at Market Platz and farmers from bordering villages in France bring their produce here. Most locals consider it to be the market for tourists. But during summer and spring time  you can get fresh local produce at a reasonable price.



I hope you enjoyed the tour of the markets around the world. You can click this link to see more photos.

This post is full of eye candies for you all. Few months back I visited this beautiful beach town in Eastern coast of Sri Lanka. I'm always amazed by white sand beaches, turquoise blue seas. I wish to give you a taste of my experience through below photos. 


Click here to see the rest of the Photos in my photography page in Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...