Saturday, August 7, 2010

Noodle soup with tofu


This light and refreshing soup is an excellent pick-me-up. The aromatic, spicy broth is simmered first, and then the tofu, mushrooms and noodles are added.


Serves 2-3
Ingredients
150g noodles
1 vegetable soup cube
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
100g tofu cubed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
5-6 shitake mushrooms thinly sliced
½ lemon juice
50g peanuts roasted
2 spring onions chopped

Method

Heat oil in a pan, roast the peanuts for 5 minutes, when peanuts change into golden colour, set them aside.

In the same pan stir fry mushrooms and tofu for 4-5 minutes, add few drops of soy sauce mix well, when tofu changes to golden brown, set them aside.

Stir fry garlic ginger for a minute, add soup cube, tomato puree, soy sauce, sugar, 1 bowl of water, and bring to boil.

In a separate sauce pan, boil water, when water is boiling add noodles and salt cook noodles, drain water and set aside.

When soup is simmering add salt, turn off heat mix lime juice, tofu and mushroom.

Serve noodles in soup bowls, ladle soup into the bowl, garnish with spring onion and roasted peanuts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ami, like your blog. I too like fast & healthy vegan cooking especially chinese style & salads. I am going to try your noodle soup with tofu. Please tell me which store to purchase the vegetable cube in Kuala Lumpur. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Vasanthi, I'm glad you like the recipes here. Well i get my vegetable soup cubes from Sri Lanka. You may get it from singapore. I'm sick and tired of looking for vegetable soup cubes here in kl now given up and getting it from my home country. but Oxo brand has vegetable soup cube, try them at cold storage or village grocer. They also sell vegetable broth cartons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ami, like your blog. I too like fast & healthy vegan cooking especially chinese style & salads. I am going to try your noodle soup with tofu. Please tell me which store to purchase the vegetable cube in Kuala Lumpur. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...